Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Rededication

One of my thousands of readers came up to me today and asked for an abbreviated review of Cinderella Man since he did not want to have to bother with the “drivel" to get to it. He chuckled, I didn’t notice. I was too busy surreptitiously wiping my chin. No drool. What was this “drivel” he was talking about then?

I raced back to my corner office, and flicked on the computer. I headed over to Webster’s website.

drivel

n 1: a worthless message [syn: garbage] 2: saliva spilling from the mouth [syn: drool, dribble, slobber]

I was confused. I glanced over at a mirror. There really wasn’t any drool on my chin. That must mean that he thought my blog was drivel! Ahhh, but the chuckle to show he was kidding of course, he didn’t really think that. But maybe there was some truth to it.

I reread what I had written. It was all drivel. It wasn’t the earth shattering posts I had planned on. I had become some hack, spitting out whatever was on my mind. This must end. I hereby rededicate my blog to the good of mankind. I will no longer post that which is unimportant. I will only write what will change people’s lives!

I swear it, or my name isn’t Fritz T. Grand

Next up: An in-depth look at Senior Citizens on the drag racing circuit. Sick humor or good, clean fun?

--Fritz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to see Cinderella Man... your post made me want to see it even more...

your post also made me want to go on a Russell Crowe retrospective.... so, last nite I fell asleep to Gladiator (recently added to my collection)... Master and Commander will be later this week

will have to rent A Beautiful Mind , The Insider and Romper Stomper again very soon... (I must add, Romper Stomper is quite a movie, if you haven't seen it, I recommend it, although it is quite a scandalous subject, skin-heads in Australia)

so, drivel, maybe to some, but that’s ok, I like it