Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Basketball?

On Monday I played basketball with a group of guys from work and other people that they knew.  For those of you who don’t know, I grew up playing basketball at the court behind my house.  My friends and I were addicted, we would clear the snow off of the court with shovels and play Horse or Around the World in winter coats, gloves, scarves and what not.

When I was asked by a co-worker if I would play, I said no immediately, since I just can’t stand the guy.

*Ummm, you do know that he reads this, right?*

Yeah, I know, but since I don’t like him anyway, what difference does it make?

Sorry for the interruption everyone.  I hate that dope who is always trying to make me watch what I say.

But anyway, I figured out that it had been about three years since I had played a game of basketball.  So while I knew my shot would be non-existent I thought it would be a good time.

As with every other group that gets together to play basketball, there were three types of people who showed up:

The guys who are there to have fun, fortunately this was the majority of the people who were there.

The guys who take it far too seriously.

The guy who thinks he is Michael Jordan, but, in reality, he sucks.  Generally there is only one of these a group, but one time I recall playing with two of these guys, what fun!  The worst part about these people is that they are generally athletic, fit, and could be good, but since they insist on jacking up shot after shot, mostly three-pointers, they hurt the team more than they help.  They also almost never play defense, except to tell people to “body up!”  while he stands on the wing about five yards from the guy he is supposed to be defending, and never attempts to get a rebound.

Anyway, it was a good time for me.  And that is all that matters, right?


Fritz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, that is all that matters... it was a good time...

and btw, good for you for saying "i can't stand the guy" knowing full well he reads this...

and yeah, word verification sucks... had to turn it on on my blog as well...

Jonathan said...

Just so there is no confusion, I actually do like the guy :) I just like to pretend I hate everyone who is nice to me.

What is your bolg's name? While it would be wicked awesome if it were called "lurker" I doubt it is..but I might just check.

Thank you for your continued monetary support!