Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snowblower? Really?

So we get snow here twice a year. On average. Sometimes less. Yet, every time it snows everyone in my neighborhood gets his snowblower out to clear his driveway. Never do they clear their sidewalks, just the driveway.

And for this they all own snowblowers, taking up space in their garages. I sure hope they didn't buy these with a payment plan, Imagine paying interest on something that gets used twice a year. I wonder, do they tune-up their snowblowers each year? It seems like such a waste. I drove around my neighborhood yesterday and saw that just about every driveway was cleared and the tell-tale signs of snowblower usage was evident in all of them.

Do they wait impatiently, hoping for a chance to clear snow from their driveways? And why do they never clear their sidewalks?

The whole thing makes no sense to me.

4 comments:

Raquel said...

Where you live, what would they use the sidewalks for anyway? There is one really nice cornfield in walking distance, but other than that, where would you go?

Jonathan said...

I seem to recall a certain young lady who used to take walks in the area I live in....

I wonder, if there were no reason to walk in the neighborhood, what was this person really doing??

a pain in the back said...

"...where would you go?"

The bus stop? Dollar General? A neighbor's house?

Raquel said...

Okay, okay, I walked there--but we already know I'm freaky odd...
Most people in your neighborhood strike me as sedate, ignore your neighbors, why-walk-when-you-can-drive, kind of people. I might start to backpedal about generalizing here, but you've already provided evidence for this theory.
And even when I walked there--aside from jaunts to Dollar General--I mostly walked around in circles. :-)