Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Pancakes and Syrup....the silent killers

As some of you know I have been having some heart issues/worries. My heart will pound or race for what seemed like no reason at all. Recently I discovered a webpage talking about this issue. The most salient point to me was that if you eat a big meal on an empty stomach when your blood sugar is low it is like a shot of adrenaline to your heart. Since I don't like the feeling of my heart trying to escape my chest I tried to avoid eating large meals on an empty stomach.

However, it still continued to happen. A few nights ago I made pancakes for dinner and my heart raced all night. It was so bad it was keeping me awake, I barely slept.

So now I am on a new diet, no white. No more refined sugar, no more empty carbs, no more good food basically.

My rice and pasta are now brown, my soup is low sodium, and I drink decaff coffee.



Wheeeeee....

1 comment:

Adiel said...

Wow. So is this what I have to look forward to? Maybe when I get as old as you are, I'll just kill off my taste buds and save them the trouble of suicide.

You have my sympathy.