Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Old People!

We all get older, creeping inexorably closer to that time when we will all wear diapers...again. One of my few joys in life is that my brother is older than I. In fact he has reached the decrepit stage on this very day! He has turned 30. 30 is a scary number for someone in their 20s. It seems old even when it is less than two years away.

30.

Some people who are in their 30s try to pretend that they are still young, what a sham. They aren't fooling anyone. What is more pathetic than a 38 year-old trying to be "hip"? Really. Embrace the fact that you are in your thirties.

These days it seems that people want to pretend they are young right up until the point that they keel over dancing the Macarena at their 97th birthday party...trying to pick up chicks.

There are so many great things about growing older. I don't know what they are, but I'm sure one of you ancient people out there can let me know what they are at some point.

Happy birthday old older brother!

And happy birthday to my sweet sister who is still young...i.e. 26...or is it 27? I'm pretty sure 26, I'll stick with that one.

1 comment:

Seth Ben-Ezra said...

Or maybe I'll just let you figure it out in 2009. :-P

And thank you.