Monday, May 08, 2006

Dear me, dear me.....what have I done?

Hail Mary, full of words, blessed above other bloggers art thou.

It has been nearly a month since my last blog post....I know I should have been here sooner, but not all that much exciting happened.....

No really, nothing did...well, if you insist.

I did manage to hit my first chip-in on a golf course. Hmm? Any details? It's a little foggy, but let's see.

11th hole at Parkview, Par 5, and I chipped it in from the rough to the right of the green....oh and it was for birdie.

Well, I guess that was exciting...anything else?

Want to hear why I hate Lowe's?

Good.

In the basement of my house there are 3 rooms. The main big room that the computer is in along with a cubby that I have the TV and three chairs resting at. There is also the utility room that the garage door leads into and holds my washer, dryer, hot water tank, etc.

And there is the storm room. This room has no windows and is in the basement, perfect for hiding from those nasty tornados that enjoy hopping over my house. Although I do prefer them hopping me than running through the little town I call home.

Anyway, the storm room had no door, even though I have lived in the house for several months and had put a door up for the utility room, and even bought one for the storm room, it had no door.

"Why is that?" you might ask.

Well, a huge, steel support beam cuts through the center of the house making the doorway 77" tall, which is 3" shorter than standard doorways. This makes getting a door a real pain. My choices were to remove the support beam, or get a shorter door.

Lowe's does custom doors, so I headed there. My father-in-law and myself measured the doorway four times to ensure the proper measurements.

I read the measurements to the meth head behind the desk at Lowe's and he punched them into the computer.

"We will have your door in 17 days," he told me.

17 days! I wanted this thing made out of wood, not stone. But that was the best he could do, and since I could tell he was needing a crack break I agreed.

(At this point, go listen to a song that you like)

- - - - - Musical Interlude - - - - - -


19 Days Later......

I look at the clock on my phone.....20 minutes have passed since I first was put on hold by the Wal-Mart reject at the front desk.

Finally someone picks up the phone and informs me that my door should be in on next week's truck. The person sounded a little math deficient so I refrained from informing him that 24 days is longer than 17 days.....

My father came out to visit us, rather exciting! We played golf, and on Friday took Brother #1's van to pick up my door.

I marched to the front desk and informed the lady that I was there to pick up my door, I filled out the necessary papers and was told to pull my vehicle up to the front of the store and someone would bring my door out shortly.

14 minutes later.....

I marched to the front desk and informed the lady that I was there waiting for one of the stock clerks to bring my door to me. Just then an 80-year old gentleman wearing a Lowe's flotation device hobbled to the front desk and asked what door he was supposed to bring forward.

Reassured that the old-geezer would soon have my door to me I went back outside to wait....

11 minutes later.....

I marched to the front desk and informed the gentleman that I had been waiting for 25 minutes for my door to be brought to me outside the store. He asked the lady what was going and she replied (and I quote) "I sent Ron back for it..." she then tried to turn away and go back to whatever solitaire game she was playing.

Burn in the fire of Home Depot lady!!!!

The guy was much more professional than the Wal-MArt reject lady and he promised to go get Ron and have my door brought out immediately.

Which is was. Would have been nice if that had been done 30 MINUTES EARLIER!

I take the door home and the next day, since it was raining and we couldn't go golfing anyway, my father and I put the door in....

It fit very easily since it was 3" narrower than we needed it....

Lowe's wasted 20 minutes of my time on the phone, made me wait 24 days for the door to get in, wasted 30 minutes of my life standing outside the store, all for a door that didn't fit the doorway.

I hate Lowe's....

1 comment:

Adiel said...

Hey! Be careful what you say about Lowe's! It's because of that wonderful place that we are going to have a shiny new kitchen.

Maybe the fact that your Lowe's is in Peoria has something to do with it. See, there's a perfectly good reason why everyone should move back to Erie- better costumer service at the local Lowe's!
Any takers?