Thursday, April 06, 2006

Good for the Soul?

The most important thing to remember about the game of golf is this: Golf hates you. It hates you with a passion. Once you come to that understanding you can actually enjoy yourself a little more.

I say this because I went out and hit some golf balls yesterday…..in shorts…..and was mildly warm still. I know the people in Erie donÂ’t want to hear this due to them having SNOW on the ground still, but the story must be told!

Most times after I hit the ball I would mutter to myself, most often "“heel!"” No, I was not cursing with a Southern accent, I was merely expressing my disdain towards myself for constantly swinging out too far and hitting the ball with the heel of the club, this causes the ball to fly to the left, since I am a left - handed golfer, it also spins to the left, causing more leftward movement. Not good.

But, as I retrained myself on how to hit the ball properly, and how to not sway back as I pulled the club back, I began hitting the ball straight again. I was pretty happy.

Over this past tax season I did some people'’s taxes, I made enough to be able to purchase a membership to the Pekin Park District. No more paying each time, I pay up front and save some cash. And if I want to just do 5 holes, that is fine! Or just play the back 9, I can do it! I canÂ’t wait to get out there…..I sure hope it is nice this Saturday.

SaturdayÂ's Forecast: Sunny…high of 50. Wear a jacket and you will be fine.

I am so there.

No comments: