Friday, March 24, 2006

Matress from Purgatory


So.....the new mattress arrived a few days ago. DHL delivered it, when it arrived it appeared that DHL had used it to test out knives and other sharp pointy things. In short, it looked like Bruce Willis at the end of Die Hard.

Well, not that bad, in fact it appears to be fine, the company is sending a new cover and giving us a discount.

They have also promised that the DHL driver who delivered the mattress and put it in such a way that the gaping wounds would be hidden, would be shot. Repeatedly.


I hate people, was he going to lose his job if he admitted that the mattress was not in the shape that it started its journey in? What a lack of caring, in stead of pointing out the damage, he hid it!

DHL.....

Scum of the earth. Do not ever use DHL if you can help it.

Anyway, the mattress is a foam mattress and it arrives vacuum sealed and rolled up. The company said that after opening it would take 2 hours for it to fluff up. I didn't believe that it would be that short of a time, neither did Wife #1. We decided to open it in the basement, let it fluff out over night, then move it upstairs.

Great plan!

It is now stuck in the basement since I can't fold it in half while moving it up the stairs at the same time. Brother #1 and Sister #3 are coming over this weekend to help me. I wonder if Brother #1 told her yet?

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! This mattress appears to be perfect for us, firm enough for me while comfy enough for Wife #1's back. She slept on it last night, had a little slumber party with Merlin and Morgan while Arthur and I slept near the alarm clock. Poor Percy is still stuck in the sick room.

All I need to do now is actually get it to the bedroom....one step at a time...one slow step at a time...

3 comments:

james3v1 said...

You know what's really funny about this?

I racked my brain trying to figure out what you were calling a basement in that little slab house you live in.

And then it finally hit me that you don't live in that slab house anymore.

It wouldn't be nearly so embarrasing if you weren't living in my old house.

:0)

wuvvwk

Gabrielle said...

I'm helping you move a mattress this weekend? This is the first I heard of it.

Jonathan said...

Greetings to a new commentor! I assume you are new since you apparently haven't read the post "Mattress from Hell" :)

Once you see what I went through with that thing, you will understand why this one is only from purgatory, or the first circle of hell at the most.