Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Joy of Socks

I wish I could wear socks to sleep. I wish I could get to slepp with the warming fabric wrapped around my freezing appendages. But I can’t, and so my feet freeze, and I do the foot-warming shuffle, placing one foot against my warm leg and then switching, attempting futilely to warm them up.

Wife #1 wears socks to bed, not just any socks, but thick warm socks that you could probably wear hunting in a marsh and you feet would stay warm, I envy that.

I just can’t do it, the feel of my feet against fabric rubbing on fabric is too much for me to handle, and so I suffer…..

Fritz

3 comments:

Adiel said...

I have recently started wearing socks to bed and I have to say that it is one of life's greatest pleasures. You have my sympathy for your apparent inability to enjoy this. Truly you are to be pitied.

By the way, it's good to hear from you again. I was afraid Fritz had decided to hibernate for the winter. Either that or he was assas- asassan- killed by angry people.

Raquel said...

I have the same problem! I have tried and tried to wear socks to bed, but I always have to kick them off before I can get to sleep. I thought I was just just insane until I read you... Hm. Well, I guess that still means I'm insane, but at least I have company.

Expendable Crewmember #1
(I finally get a number!)

Jonathan said...

That is the perfect name! It has been added to the Links section EC #1!